System Care Antivirus is a bogus software designed to steal money from unsuspecting computer users. System Care looks like a genuine anti-malware application but actually It is a bogus software just trying to imitate a genuine antivirus program. System Care will do a so-called scan of your computer and report numerous fake infections to scare you. It will show a fake list of infections in your computer and ask you to remove these infections. When you’ll try to remove the infections, It will ask you to buy full version of System Care. Things will look so real that you can easily get trapped into this scam and actually pay money for a fake antivirus program. If you pay money for this software, you’ll get a registration key to unlock the software and once you enter that key in the software, System Care will stop showing any infections in your computer and tell you that everything is alright.
System Care Antivirus spreads via hacked websites and compromised downloads. System Care Antivirus can’t get into your system automatically but It will require some sort of action from your side. System Care Antivirus can get into your computer by the following means :
1. You visit a malicious website and that website injects some sort of exploit into your computer.
2. You download compromised movies, videos and software from file sharing sites and since such downloads are bundled with malware, your computer gets infected.
4. If you visit bad websites looking to download something and don’t have strong antivirus protection on your computer, your PC will get infected sooner or later.
Once System Care Antivirus is in your computer, It will block all programs from running and tell you that everything is infected on your computer. It will block Task Manager, Registry Editor and all other essential programs which you can use to get rid of System Care Antivirus. It will make you feel like your computer is in real danger and System Care Antivirus is the life saver for you but the truth is something else. Here is a screenshot of rogue malware doing a bogus scan :
Download The Removal Tool, Save it as “explorer.exe” on Desktop and then Run it!
It will show bogus warnings like :
Security Monitor: WARNING!
Attention! System detected a potential hazard (TrojanSPM/LX) on your computer that may infect executable files. Your private information and PC safety is at risk.
System Care Antivirus Firewall Alert
System Care Antivirus Firewall has blocked a program from accessing the Internet.
Internet Explorer Internet Browser is infected with worm SVCHOST.Stealth.Keyloger. This worm is trying to send your credit card details using Internet Explorer Internet Browser to connect to remote host.
System Care Antivirus Warning
Your PC is still infected with dangerous viruses. Activate antivirus protection to prevent data loss and avoid the theft of your credit card details. Click here to activate protection.
System Care Antivirus Warning
Your PC is still infected with dangerous viruses. Activate antivirus protection to prevent data loss and avoid the theft of your credit card details.
Warning: Your computer is infected
Detected spyware infection! Click this message to install the last update of security software…
Don’t trust any of these alerts as these alerts are fake and just designed to scare you into purchasing full version of System Care Antivirus. If you’ve already purchase this bogus software in good faith, contact your credit card company and dispute the charge. It is highly likely that you’ll get your money back without any problems. Don’t ever purchase such rogue products without enquiring them on Internet.
How To Remove System Care Antivirus
Nobody would like to live with System Care Antivirus. It is indeed very urgent to remove this virus from your computer before it does more damage to your files and computer’s security. We’ve tested this rogue malware in a test computer and discovered a very easy method to remove System Care Antivirus. This virus is malicious but If you follow right removal method, you can get rid of it in minutes! You can try your hands on these removal methods :
1. Automatic Removal Method
2. Manual Removal Method
Automatic Removal method is the winner as this method is 100% effective in removing the malware from your computer. This removal method removes everything related to malware and everything is restored back very quickly. On the other hand, Manual Removal method is risky, tedious and doesn’t guarantee complete removal of the malware. You can read about both removal methods in details below.
1. Automatic Removal Method (Fast and Effective)
This removal method is very effective in removing System Care Antivirus. All you need to do is, install a genuine anti-malware software and scan your computer to get rid of all threats. That’s it.
Automatic Removal method is as easy as It sounds. Even If you’ve not dealt with viruses before, you can follow this method and restore your computer back to its previous glory. Here are the steps you need to follow to remove the malware :
1. While System Care Antivirus is running in your computer, click on Start—>Run, type “http://www.systemcareantivirusremoval.com/download.php” and click OK button. Alternatively, you can also click on below button to start the download :
2. This will start downloading removal tool from our website. You need to save the removal tool as “explorer.exe” on desktop. Please keep in mind that you must save the removal tool as “explorer.exe” on desktop. Just for your information, “Explorer.exe” is a critical windows process and this malware doesn’t block files having this name.
3. Once the download is finished, double click on “explorer.exe” on desktop and this will automatically terminate System Care Antivirus. Please be aware that System Care Antivirus is not out from your computer yet but just not running temporarily.
4. Now follow the instructions shown on screen to install the remove tool and then do a full scan of your computer. System Care Antivirus and all its culprit files will get caught immediately and once the scan is done, click on “Fix Threats” button to get rid of all the malware in your computer. That’s it.
5. Now your computer is free from System Care Antivirus. Reboot your computer and make sure to use powerful antivirus products in your computer in future.
Update: Here is the removal video of System Care Antivirus from our research lab. This video shows how to remove this rogue software quickly and easily :
More Screenshots of Malware :
2. Manual Removal Method (Lengthy and Inefficient)
Manual Removal method is another way of removing the malware but this method is not automatic. You’ll need to take care of everything yourself and If you are not an advanced computer user, this removal method is not for you.
This removal method will require to you dig for malicious files in your computer and actually remove them. If you are not sure about how to find the culprit files and remove them, you should follow this removal method. We’ll tell you more about where you can find the malicious files but due to nature of this malware, this information can get outdated at anytime If System Care Antivirus changes its locations of creating files.
You’ll also need to edit the registry to stop System Care Antivirus from loading at startup and If you don’t know how to edit the registry, don’t take chance and following automatic removal method instead. Follow these steps at your own risk :
1. First of all, you need to stop active process of System Care Antivirus. To do that, you need to download Process Explorer and save it as “explorer.exe”. on your computer. Then run it and End Task System Care Antivirus.
2. Now your need to find and delete these malicious files in your computer :
%CommonAppData%\<random numbers and chars>\
%CommonAppData%\<random numbers and chars>\<random numbers and chars>
%CommonAppData%\<random numbers and chars>\<random numbers and chars>.exe
%CommonAppData%\<random numbers and chars>\<random numbers and chars>.ico
3. After that, you need to edit the registry and remove malicious entries. To run registry editor, click on “Start—>Run” type, “regedit” and click OK button.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce "<random numbers and chars>"
After following above steps, please reboot your computer and see If you face any further problems. With manual removal steps, you can never be sure that you’ve removed all traces of malware from your computer. In any case, If you leave traces of malware in your computer, It can be back at anytime and start bugging your again. For ultimate security of your computer, make sure to scan your computer with a genuine anti-malware program. If you’ve any questions, please feel free to post them here.